Over the past years as a growing christian, and learning to do life as a mother and wife one of the most important things I learned is to keep focused on having the right perspective
Daily we are faced with situations, or circumstances that are hard. That make us feel worn out, defeated and broken. The only thing you have control over is our perspective. You don’t have control over your situation....but you have a choice about how you view it. We know from God’s word that he has given us everything we need to live a thriving life not just a surviving life.
2 Corinthians 4: 16-18
"So we do not loose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."
Proverbs 17:22 AMP
"A happy heart is good medicine and a joyful mind causes healing, but a broken spirit dries up the bones."
Ephesians 4;23 AMP
"...and be continually renewed in the spirit of your mind (having a fresh untarnished mental and spiritual attitude...)"
So with that being said I have learned our mind plays a big part! Our minds are like gardens, our thoughts are the seeds, We can grow flowers or we can grow weeds. God has given us the ability to choose to have the right perspective. Having the right perspective does not come naturally its something that has to be worked at, where it becomes habit and we need to be intentional about it...
Perspective - The way we interpret whats happening around us can make us in any given situation
- Our perspective shapes how we think and how we live out our life.
- Perspective is like looking thru the lens; what we see is what we focus on!
Helpful tips to having a right perspective
- Reading God’s word
- Hearing testimonials of people who have come out of hard situations
- Having Titus 2 women in your life...often she is further along in life and has gained wisdom and experience. Sharing your thoughts and struggles opens the door to hear perspective that empowers you to keep going and not give up.
- Being grateful is essential in having the right perspective
Gratefulness gains Perspective
1. Early wake ups = I’m alive
2. House to clean = Safe place to live
3. Laundry = Have clothes to wear
4. Dirty dishes = Food to eat
5. Crumbs under the table = Family meals
6. Shopping to do = Money to use
7. Toilets to clean = Indoor plumbing
8. Lots of noise = Kids are home
In the end what we practice today is what we become good at when we get old. Lets keep our focus on having the right perspective! This devotional I read a while back really put things in perspective. When I get old want to have an outlook on life like this 92 year old lady!
Lighthouse Gospel Church